Blogging While Paused

where video game characters speak out

Archive for April, 2008

portrait

Cryogenics

Posted by Master_Chief On April - 22 - 2008 Comments Off

Cryogenics is a really crappy way of passing the time. You’d think that it’s kinda like sleeping, well, it is… kinda. You’d also think that you’re not suppose to feel like time is passing. At least, that’s what they tell you. But I’m pretty sure the cryo chamber is damaged, because I can still sense that time is passing… for pete’s sake, I’m writing a freaking blog post about it! I’m not going to lie, it’s really boring. It’s really, really boring. It’s like a billion freaking years of nothing! I dare you to try it. I dare you to try it for 10 minutes. Go, grab an egg timer, turn off the TV, turn off your music, dim your monitor, set the timer for 10 minutes, close your eyes and wait. Wait until the timer goes off. I’ll wait for you. How was that? Did you last the whole  [ Read More ]

Categories: Complaint
portrait

Thanks for Nothing!

Posted by Wario On April - 19 - 2008 Comments Off

I’ve asked for no butter and gotten no popcorn. I’ve asked for no pickles and gotten no burger. Or fries. Or onion rings. Not even any soda in my cup! But this might be the worst offender yet (and it’s certainly the last time I tip the delivery guy without inspecting the goods). I asked for no anchovies and got no pizza! I don’t know how these incidents keep happening to me, but it’s ridiculous! They give me most everything except what I really want. I reach into the take-out bag, I find a bun slathered with ketchup and mustard—and pickles!—but no meat! Add to that an empty holder for fries, an empty box for onion rings, a cup with a straw and no soda or ice, and two stacks of napkins and you’ve got one insulting “meal”. I ask for popcorn with no butter at the movies along with  [ Read More ]

Categories: Complaint
portrait

Advice / Tax

Posted by DrWright On April - 15 - 2008 Comments Off

If the tax rate is too high, the residents will move to other cities. Most of the residents feel that a 7% tax rate is fair.

Categories: News
portrait

RE: Ness, the reason you fail…

Posted by Ness On April - 13 - 2008 Comments Off

My parents sent me to “Spring Camp”. What a joke. You know what Spring Camp means in English? Eight weeks outside in the cold in northern Canada that ends right as spring begins. Our instructor wouldn’t even show us how to make fire until we proved ourselves “trustworthy” by doing meaningless activities first. “Oh, well,” I thought, “at least I’m away from school for a while.” My parents mailed me my homework. Lessons and tests, too. Can you imagine taking a test while being lost in a frozen forest without anything more to eat than trail mix and no fire? And PK Fire wasn’t any help until a sufficient amount of snow melted, and by then all my Psi Points were gone! I’ve never been happier to be back in school again. Of course, I checked up on this site as soon as I got back. It looks like Mario  [ Read More ]

Categories: Complaint
portrait

KOed.

Posted by Luigi On April - 7 - 2008 Comments Off

I am about 1/100th of a second away from being KOed right now. Just kinda hanging in the background, about to become a bright shiny sparkle. I tell you, those home run bats are killers. I’m also going to tell you that DK is going to be deader than a chewed up Pikmin. When I get my hands on him I’m going to stomp him like a Gumba. Yup. Just as soon as I’m unpaused… I’ll be KOed into the background and come back fresh and fighting! Yeah! Fighting time. Any minute now… … Any time now… … I’m going to beat him down… …and throw him off the edge… … He’s not going to stand a chance… … … Oh, come off it and unpause already!